Monday, May 30, 2011

Grill Steak


Grill Steak
Prep Time: 5 min    Cook Time: 4-10 min     Ready In: 15 min
Serving Size: 1


Many people have asked how I can cooked my steaks with good grill marks. More so, how do I know the stake is medium rare. I have some tips for those of you out there!!


INGREDIENTS
Steak (T-bone, Fillet Mignon, Rib Eye, Round, Sirloin)
1 Tbs Oil
Salt to Taste
Pepper to Taste


DIRECTIONS

I find that it doesn't matter which cut of steak you choose to have that matters. It is how you handle the meat!!! Oh and of course, always get the best grad cut of meat as possible ie. Triple A.

Take the steak out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes.

Preheat a cast iron grill pan to med-high, grease it with 1 tbs oil. Let the pan heat up for last least 5 minutes. You would want the pan to be completely hot. Food will only stick to a pan if the grill is not not enough.

Pat steak dry with paper towels, this is a very important step, you do not want any water content between your steak and grill pan.

Season meat with salt and pepper on both sides. Place steak onto the grill. Depending on the thickness of the meat, the cook time will differ. I only flip my stake once on the grill pan, this is how I get my grill marks on my steak.

I like my steak medium rare. Cook one side of steak for 2-3 minutes and then flip it over. The trick is to place your index and middle finger onto the middle of the steak and push on it. If the steak bounces back with a little force then your stake is cooked to medium rare.

If you push on the steak and the steak doesn't bounces and stays down with a dimple, your steak is at a rare stage.

If you push on the steak and the steak is really tough to push into then your steak has reached to well done stage.


Usually it comes with practice with knowing when your steak is well done, medium rare and rare!





No comments:

Post a Comment