Friday, August 12, 2011

Zucchini Flower


Zucchini Flower
Prep Time: 10 min    Cook Time: 6 min   Ready In: 16 min
Serving Size: 4

My husband brought me to the Farmer's Market over the weekend and we saw some zucchini flowers.
I cannot resist myself and brought 4 to try out at home.

I have heard so many good comments on how they test so good. So here is my recipe and I have to tell you it is worth a try.


INGREDIENTS

4 Zucchini Flowers
1/4 Cup Ricotta Cheese
4 Basil Leave
1 Can Club Soda
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Tps Salt
2 Cup Oil



DIRECTIONS

Cut the stem off the flower as follows:



In a bowl, mix together ricotta, salt and diced basil leaves.
Put this mixture into a pipping bag.


Open up the flower with your fingers to get enough room for pipping tip to fit in and fill flower.



When flowers are filled, twist the tip of the flower so the filling will not spill.





In another bowl, mix together club soda and flour.
holding the tip of the flower, dip whole flower into the batter.






Heat a pan with 2 cups of oil.. Deep fry the flower for 2 minutes turning once.

Cook one to two flower at each time only.




Let flower cool on a paper towel and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment